COVID-19 Pool Updates
WE’RE PREPARING TO RE-OPEN
All use of the pool will be for lane swimmings only.
We have to ensure that swimmers from different households are able to maintain social distancing of 2m. Therefore, each swimmer or household will be able to book a lane.
For this reason, we will be operating a booking system with set time slots of 45 min booking slots.
Bookings can be made 24Hrs in advance by phone (01722 430625):
Mondays – Fridays 0930 – 1200
Saturdays 1500 – 1800
Sundays 0930-1130 and 1600 – 1800
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE AN ANSWER PHONE MESSAGE FOR A BOOKING REQUEST.
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE CENTRE TO SWIM WITHOUT A CONFIRMED BOOKING TIME.
You are more than welcome to ring to see if there are lanes available on the day you wish to swim.
Available bookings from Tuesday 28 July – Sunday 9 August.
Please be assured that we will continue to monitor usage and where necessary, we will look to increase available hours for Leisure Club swims. These current hours have been based on feedback I received from my previous email asking for conformation from members if they were wishing to return to swimming at this time.
ARRIVING AT THE CENTRE
· Please do not arrive early for your booking. Please remain under the covered walkway until asked to enter the building by a member of staff. Please maintain 2m space between each other.
· There will be a maximum of 2 people allowed in the reception at any one time.
· Please sanitise hands at the cleaning station in reception.
· Please shower at home (where ever possible) and arrive at the pool “beach ready” with your costume on under clothing.
· You will be allocated a space on poolside for your clothes to be left during your swim.
· At this time, we are unable to lend goggles, swim hats, costumes, towels or floats woggles.
· Following your swim, please replace your clothes over the top of your costume and exit the pool via the fire exit at the deep end of the pool.
· It is with regret that the Fitness Centre (gym) will remain closed until further notice.
I am afraid that changing rooms, showers, hairdryers and hand dryers are not available for use at this time. Toilets will remain available at all times.
If required, please bring a filled drinks bottle with you as the water fountain has needed to be put out of use at this time.
I am really sorry that these procedures are far more restrictive than normal but we will endeavour to return to a normal service as soon as Government guidelines allow, however, to enable us to reopen, these steps have needed to be implemented.
Pool and Fitness Manager