During the year there are several opportunities for the girls’ work to be displayed on various exhibitions. These include:
- The annual Scholars’ Exhibition
- The Parents’ Day Exhibition
- St John’s Smith Square, London – November 2011
- Smith & Williamson Exhibition – July 7 to September 14, 2012
- Celebrating 25 years of art at Godolphin – etc Hatton Garden, London – November 9 to December 7, 2012
- The opening of the new Medical Centre in Salisbury – November 2013
Gifted & Talented Workshops
The Art & Design department are offering a series of six workshops covering many of the specialist areas of study which are offered at School. These workshops are aimed at high achieving, hand-picked girls in Years 5, 6 and 7. They will join one of the senior members of the Art & Design teaching staff for a day and will use the specialist studios and equipment within the art department to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding of the media we offer.
The workshops will start at 10am and end at 4pm and will include lunch, refreshments and all materials. There will be no cost for the workshops. Places are limited and will be offered to girls on a “first come, first served” basis.
5 October 2013
Felted 3D Textile Forms – Sharon Duggan and Jacky Josey
Impressed and Incised Ceramics – Nick Eggleton
1 March 2014
Creative Digital Photography – Emma Findley
Experimental Painting – Chris Wright
17 May 2014
Embellished Handmade Felt – Jacky Josey & Sharon Duggan
Making pots on the wheel – Nick Eggleton
For further details, and to book a place, please contact Mr Nick Eggleton on 01722 430 619 or via e-mail.